Information about on campus life and the different student accommodation options at the University of Sydney can be found on our website and accommodation guide. Here you will find details of the University- run accommodation, residential colleges, and other independent providers near campus. 

Accommodation Options On Campus

University Residences

The University manages several residences where you can enjoy the freedom of affordable self-catered accommodation close to everything you need.

There are five University- run housing options on the main campus: Queen Mary Building, Abercrombie Student Accommodation, Terraces, Darlington House, Selle House and International House.  Further information about these accommodation types can be found on the accommodation website.

You can apply for the University accommodation all year round, but be aware – most places are full to capacity well before the start of the academic year. We recommend that you submit an application as soon as possible as there is high demand for places. 

Applications for 2018 accommodation are now open and can be made via our online application form. Applications to International House can be made via their website.

Residential Colleges

If you are moving out of home for the first time, colleges are a great way to make the transition to independence as they offer three catered meals a day, laundry services and a strong support network.

If you are interested in applying for a Residential College you will be required to contact them individually as they all have their own application process. Please visit their websites to explore the colleges and apply: International House, Mandelbaum House, Sancta Sophia College, St Andrew's College, St John's College, St Paul's College, Wesley College, The Women's College.

Accommodation Options Off Campus

Independently Run Student Accommodation

Independent providers also offer student accommodation close to the main campus. Options include Sydney University Village, Urbanest, Unilodge, Iglu, Scape and Furnished Property. These residences are not managed by the University of Sydney, and as such you will need to check their websites or contact them directly for further information and availability.

Live Off Campus

If you are interested in off-campus living our live off campus page contains advice on house hunting, surrounding suburbs, homestays and emergency housing.

All current and prospective students can access our Off Campus Housing Database which is a good resource if you are looking for alternatives to on-campus student accommodation. New rooms/properties are added to the site daily and you can customise your search to ensure that you find accommodation close to any of the University campuses.

Useful information about the Off Campus Database can be found on the About and FAQs pages. Please note that the listings on the database are not affiliated with the University of Sydney and you will need to contact providers directly. It is always a good idea to inspect any property before you agree to pay a deposit or sign a contract. 

If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to assist.