There are a range of different accommodation options available to current and prospective students. Information about on campus life and the different student accommodation options at the University of Sydney can be found on our website. Here you will find details of the University-run accommodation, residential colleges, and other independent providers near campus.

On Campus Accommodation

On campus accommodation includes University Residences (which are owned and managed by the University) and Residential Colleges (which are independent).

University Residences

There are 4 University-run housing options on the main campus: Queen Mary Building, Abercrombie Student Accommodation, Regiment Building, and Darlington House. 

These residences are self-catered and provide students with a high degree of freedom and independence.

Further information about these accommodation types, including prices and eligibility, can be found on the accommodation website.

Applications can be made via our online application portal. It is free to apply and applications can be made all year round but we recommend you to apply as soon as possible due to the high demand for accommodation and most rooms are full well before the start of the academic year.

Residential Colleges

If you are moving out of home for the first time, the colleges are a great way to make the transition to independence as they offer three catered meals a day, laundry services and a strong support network.

The Colleges are independently managed and have their own application process. Please visit their websites to find more information and apply: Mandelbaum House, Sancta Sophia College, St Andrew's College, St John's College, St Paul's College, Wesley College, The Women's CollegeInternational House is owned and operated by the University of Sydney.

Off Campus Accommodation

Independently Run Student Residences

Independent providers also offer student accommodation close to the main campus. Options include Sydney University Village, Scape, UniLodge and Iglu. These residences are not managed by the University of Sydney, but you can find more information on their websites.

Private Accommodation off Campus

If you would prefer to live off campus rather than in student accommodation you can find information about house hunting, surrounding suburbs, homestays and emergency housing on our live off campus page.

All current and prospective students can also access our Off Campus Housing Database. New rooms/properties are added to the site daily and you can customise your search to ensure that you find accommodation close to any of the University campuses.

Useful information about the Off Campus Database can be found on the About and FAQs pages. Please note that the listings on the database are not affiliated with the University of Sydney and you will need to contact providers directly. It is always a good idea to inspect any property before you agree to pay a deposit or sign a contract. 

If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to assist.