Prospective Applicant

These FAQs relate to the application and offers for the University owned accommodation

Can a student apply for accommodation for Semester 1 only?
The option to select Semester 1 only on the application form is available at Queen Mary Building for Exchange/Study Abroad students only.  Graduating St...
Fri, 22 Jun, 2018 at 1:06 PM
Does a Study Abroad/Exchange student get a priority access to accommodation?
Some select Study Abroad/Exchange students are provided with priority access to the University accommodation.  To see whether or not you are eligible to...
Fri, 22 Jun, 2018 at 1:23 PM
What is the difference between a Studio and a One Bedroom
A studio apartment is a self contained unit that houses everything in the single room space except the bathroom. The difference between one bedroom apartmen...
Wed, 23 Oct, 2019 at 10:21 AM
Where to find on-campus accommodation? What does it look like? How far are they from the main campus?
The University manages several residences where you can enjoy the freedom of affordable self-catered and catered accommodation close to everything you need....
Wed, 22 Feb, 2023 at 11:24 AM
Sydney University Village Contact Details
Sydney University Village Contact Details Phone: +61 2 8024 6080 Fax: +61 2 9036 4001 email:
Wed, 23 Oct, 2019 at 10:29 AM
Changing your preferences/Waiting list
University of Sydney Student Accommodation options are in high demand. It's advised that you apply early to improve your chances of getting a room.  ...
Wed, 23 Oct, 2019 at 9:24 AM
What are the extracurricular activities takes place in the university-owned housing?
There are numerous activities and social events run around the year across all the university housing. The things you will remember long after your studies....
Wed, 23 Oct, 2019 at 9:26 AM
Who is a Resident Advisor? How can you become an RA and the benefits of it?
A Resident Advisor is responsible for monitoring and supporting residents in college housing on-campus. As a resident advisor (RA), you are expected to be a...
Fri, 13 Sep, 2019 at 1:53 PM
How much bond amount I need to pay and Is it refundable?
A bond is a one-off payment equivalent to 4 weeks of your rent and you will be required to pay this amount at the time of accepting your offer of accommodat...
Tue, 31 Aug, 2021 at 11:58 AM
Is there a gym in the Queen Mary Building?
Yes, there is a gym at the Queen Mary Building located at the Lower Ground floor.
Thu, 10 Oct, 2019 at 2:24 PM