The University manages several residences where you can enjoy the freedom of affordable self-catered and catered accommodation close to everything you need.

Information about on campus life and the different student accommodation options at the University of Sydney can be found on our website and accommodation guide. Here you will find details of the University owned accommodation, residential colleges, and other independent providers near campus. 

There are six University Owned housing options on the main campus: Queen Mary Building, Abercrombie Student Accommodation, Terraces, Darlington House and Selle House. You can find detailed information on each accommodation type by visiting the accommodation website.

Virtual tours of Queen Mary Building and Abercrombie Student Accommodation can be found at the below links:

Queen Mary Building - Single Room Virtual Tour

Abercrombie - Studio Apartment Virtual Tour


We currently do not provide photos of Darlington House, the Terraces or Selle House as all rooms are completely different. However, you can view a description of each accommodation type on our website

All of the University run student residences are located on or near campus and are at most a 10 to 15 minute walk from the main campus areas. You can search for accommodation using the campus map. Here is the information about the main campus. 


Camperdown/Darlington Campus



Arundel Street, Forest Lodge 2037

Chapman Steps, Forest Lodge 2037 -  (can be located on google maps as Kerridge Place, Forest Lodge - Kerridge Place is a side lane off Arundel Street)

Darlington Road, Darlington 2008


Selle House

28 Parramatta Road, Forest Lodge 2037


Darlington House

132 Darlington Street, Darlington 2008


Abercrombie Student Accommodation

401 Abercrombie Street, Darlington 2008

Regiment Building

Sydney University Regiment Building, Darlington NSW 2008


Queen Mary Building

112A Church Street, Camperdown 2050

You can apply for the University accommodation all year round, but be aware – most places are full to capacity well before the start of the academic year. We recommend that you submit an application as soon as possible as there is high demand for on-campus accommodation. 

You will need to apply seperately for International house via the International House website 

International House

 96 City Road, Darlington, NSW 2008

Virtual tours of International house can be found at the below link:

International House - Virtual Tour

If you are interested in catered options Residential Colleges are also located on campus and offer catered meals.

The Residential Colleges provide a good option for students looking for catered accommodation on campus, while the University-run accommodation provides a more independent style of living. 

If you are interested in applying for Residential Colleges you will be required to contact them individually as they all have their own application process. 

Please visit their website below to explore the colleges and apply: Mandelbaum House, Sancta Sophia College, St Andrew's College, St John's College, St Paul's College, Wesley College, The Women's College.

Applications for 2020 are now open and can be made via our online application form.

If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to assist.