Yes this may be possible but you must speak to your welfare provider/guardian to get their permission. Your guardian will request supporting documents of the holiday such as flight itinerary and a letter of permission from your parents/family, and inform the University. 

If you are still going to be under 18 when you return to Australia you must also provide proof that you have formalised accommodation arrangements in place for when you return.