If you a University of Sydney have approved accommodation arrangement in place this is not possible. 

Students will need to comply with the conditions of their student visa and if you have been issued a CAAW letter by the University of Sydney the University is responsible for your welfare. You will need to stay in the University approved accommodation from your arrival date in Australia.

This may be a good opportunity for your parent/family member to see where you will be living. You will be able to meet during the day but the you will need to sleep at your approved accommodation.