Yes, the University welcomes applications from suitably qualified under-18 international students. 

If you are planning to study at the University of Sydney on a student visa, you will need to have formal arrangements in place for accommodation and welfare before the Department of Home Affairs will process your visa. There are 2 ways to do this:

1. Accompanied: living with parents or family

If you decide to travel and live with parents or relatives in Australia, you must apply to the Department of Home Affairs for approval. You will need to liaise directly with Department of Home Affairs to meet their conditions for your welfare. For more information visit the website

2. Unaccompanied: the University accepts responsibility for welfare and accommodation

You may study and live in Australia with the University of Sydney taking responsibility for your welfare arrangements as a condition of your student visa. You will be required to use University approved service provider companies for your accommodation and welfare arrangements. A list of approved providers can be found on the Under 18 International Student Visa holders webpage. Once you have signed up with an appropriate welfare and accommodation provider the University will issue a Confirmation of Appropriate Accommodation and Welfare (CAAW) letter along with your eCOE. You may then apply for a student visa.