If you wish to be terminate your accommodation contract prior to the end date you will still be liable to pay rent for the remainder of your contract, unless a suitable replacement is found.
If you cancel your contract early the University can assist in seeking a replacement from the existing application wait-list, or you may find a replacement yourself to occupy the room.
If you wish to check out early and have found a replacement
- Your replacement must be a full-time student at the University of Sydney and will need to apply online for the relevant semester via the application portal
- Submit a contract termination request through via the Booking Variation tab in the student accommodation portal to let us know when you wish to move out and that you have nominated a replacement.
- Your replacement's application will be assessed and if successful, they will be sent an offer of accommodation. You will be advised if the applicant is unsuccessful.
If you wish to check out early and have not found a replacement
- Submit a contract termination request through via the Booking Variation tab in the student accommodation portal to let us know when you wish to move out.
- The University will try to find a replacement from the existing application wait-list. Please note that outside of semester start dates, the number of students still looking for accommodation decreases, therefore we cannot guarantee a replacement will be found prior to your check out date.
Please note, all residents who are cancelling their contracts early will be charged a cancellation fee of $200