University-run accommodation

The Student Accommodation Office has a number of Accommodation Scholarships to offer to residents of the University owned accommodation. Applications are open to commencing full-time undergraduate and postgraduate students who are Australian citizens or permanent residents. Residents of any University Owned Accommodation are eligible but preference is given to residents of the Queen Mary Building.

All accommodation scholarships are equity scholarships. There are no merit scholarships at this stage.

If a student is successful in receiving a scholarship the funds will be paid directly to the resident’s rent at University Owned Accommodation and is not redeemable as a cash payment. The scholarship is valued at half the yearly rental rate of Queen Mary Building and is offered for one year only.

To apply:

1. Apply for University Accommodation; and

2. submit an application for UAC Equity Scholarships, via UAC

Applications for 2019 is now opened. 

Residential Colleges

The Residential Colleges each run their own Scholarships programs. A link to the the scholarships pages of the Colleges can be found on the scholarships website. We recommend that you thoroughly read the website for any college you are interest in, and contact the relevant person for more information about the Colleges and scholarship options.

Other Scholarship and Financial Support Options


The University of Sydney offers a wide variety of scholarships for new and continuing students

Your faculty may have scholarships available. Click here to find information about each faculty.

Financial Support Service

If you are experiencing financial difficulty while studying, you may be eligible for a bursary or interest-free loan to help with expenses such as textbooks, bills, housing bonds, rent in arrears and moving house. Click here for further information.